A solar prescription
We have recently completed a 16 panel solar PV system in Headford Co. Galway. The client was a local pharmacy that wanted to make the long term investment in solar to reduce bills and to reduce their carbon footprint.
After an assessment of the property, we calculated the potential yield of the system and their ROI based on previous power usage. At this point, Ryders pharmacy were happy to proceed.
Please watch the video of the install below
See the power generated and carbon saved...
This is an example of the clients solar dashboard. This is a live view where the client can see the energy generated and current PV power. It also provides a daily breakdown of the CO2 saved by producing free, clean renewable electricity through the solar PV system.
This graph shows the energy yield in the first 14 days since installing the solar system. As you can see the system was installed on the 2nd of September and has generated a huge amount of power. To break it down:
- The system has a total yield of 195 kWh in it's first 14 days
- 1 kWh would be the equivalent of running a dishwasher for an hour.
- The average daily consumption of Ryders pharmacy is 28 kWh per day
- Thus far, the solar system has generated 49.7% of the electricity needs.
- This would be a saving of almost half on their electric bills for September.
Above, you can see the power generated by the system for one day in September. Even in September in Ireland, the system is producing a high amount of renewable electricity.
If you are interested in solar for your business or home please follow the link below or give us a call anytime.